ancient RCS [bug|feature]?

Rob Marchand rob at array.UUCP
Tue Feb 19 03:26:50 AEST 1991

In article <2926 at cirrusl.UUCP> Rahul Dhesi writes:
>In <866 at voodoo.UUCP> tomm at voodoo.boeing.com (Tom Mackey) writes:
>
>>    co error, line 1201: Hashtable overflow
>>    co aborted
>
>>So how about it.... anyone else find this, how did you cope with
>>it (we obviously have to split the ,v files, but what's the most
>>nifty way)..
>
>	(Rahul's solution to the problem for RCS 4.4 or whatever)

	Alternatively, you might be interested in RCS v5.5, which, I think,
	is the latest version.  I've just had a look in rcsbase.h, and as
	of version 5.0, the log claims that all compile time limits have
	been removed, and data structures such as the hash table are
	allocated dynamically.  Certainly the fixed stuff pertaining to
	the hash table is gone; I can't speak for the rest.  5.5 claims
	to have a number of other features which might be of interest.
	If it is not available via ftp to the author (from, hmmm, osu-cis,
	the `definitive' source at MIT prep.mit.edu or whatever, or uunet),
	I can forward the source to the latest version.

				Cheers!
				Rob Marchand
				rob at array.UUCP
--
Rob Marchand                   UUCP  : uunet!attcan!lsuc!array!rob
Array Systems Computing        ARPA  : rob%array.UUCP at uunet.UU.NET