WANTED: File scroller similar to less but with more features

Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM
Thu Feb 21 13:54:53 AEST 1991

magrw>         (1)     CASE-INSENSITIVE string search

perhaps check out GNU Emacs view mode.

magrw>         (2)     Intelligent usage of VT100 (and/or VT220) keys such as:
magrw>                         (i)     Cursor keys for moving around the file
magrw>                         (ii)    PrevScrn (instead of b)
magrw>                         (iii)   NextScrn (instead of space bar)

In GNU Emacs you can bind the keys every which way, for me Keypad 8 =
up one screen. Keypad 2 =down 1 screen.

I do admit that I havent got around to doing "emacs -f functionX *"
vs. "less *", where functionX makes view mode the default mode... etc.
--
Dan_Jacobson at ATT.COM  Naperville IL USA  +1 708-979-6364