CDC9448 drive w/ VersaDOS

Mike Tankenson mike at puente.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 5 03:40:25 AEST 1991

I am posting this message for a collegue who is tasked with hosting some
software from an older VersaDOS (the MC realtime O/S) to a new VMEbus-based
system.

Please email all responses to Ian_Bacon at TSG.COM.

The source code is currently stored on removable disks from the CDC9448
disk drives, and are formated under VersaDOS.  Our problem: how to either
1) support the CDC drives under the new VME system (ie. need a VMEbus
controller for the drives, or 2) extract the source code somehow onto new
media and drives.

We have located a possible source for the CDC9448 (sans controller).  We
would consider buying the controller, if anybody out there has one.
Alternatively, if a kind soul out there is still using VersaDOS with the
CDC9448, perhaps we could just arrange to borrow/buy time on the system to
do the conversion?

If somebody has another solution, we'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks in
advance.

--
Michael Tankenson                                       Telos Systems Group
4755 Meadow Wood Lane, Suite 200N, Chantilly, VA.  22021