seeking refs re: special-purpose filesystems, object-oriented Unix

John Kimball jkimball at SRC.Honeywell.COM
Fri Mar 29 01:04:03 AEST 1991

I'm trying to run down references to work which has been done on two
topics:

  1. Projects using special-purpose Unix filesystems.  What I'm interested
     in are filesystems which export the standard operations (open, creat,
     read/write, etc) but also provide additional capabilities to programs
     "in the know".  (I'm already hunting down the paper on "Watchdogs"
     Extending the UNIX File SYstem".)

  2. Projects which are developing varieties of "Object-Oriented Unix".

Once I have an initial set of pointers, I'll take it from there.

(If anyone would like a copy of the resulting bibliography, let me know.)

Thanks in advance . . .
						John Kimball

DOMAIN: jkimball at src.honeywell.com        Honeywell Systems and Research Center
        postmaster at src.honeywell.com      Computer Sciences/Software Technology
UUCP:   <any-smart-host>!srcsip!jkimball  3660 Technology Drive, MN65-2100
VOICE:  +1 612/782-7343      FAX: 7438    Minneapolis, MN  55418-1006
DISCLAIMER:  The only opinion Honeywell authorizes me to have is:
                          "Thermostats are Good"