Question for net.views column in UNIX Today!

Lance Jones vet.vet.purdue.edu!jonesl at uunet.UU.NET
Sun Mar 31 08:23:18 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar29.195953.2421 at utoday.com> you write:

>	*******************
>	*   QUESTION #2	  *
>	*******************
>
>	Is a single GUI standard really necessary?

I don't believe that a single standard is necessary.  After observing people
of various levels of computer "competence"(receptionists to programmers) at
work I firmly believe that switching from one GUI to another is trivial task
that anyone can handle.

Of course if having one standard GUI meant not having to deal with MS Windows
then I'm all for it! :^)

	-Lance

Lance Jones				Veterinary Computer Network
South Campus Courts C-34		jonesl at vet.purdue.edu
W. Lafayette, IN  47907			(317)/494-0329