NCSA Telnet with PC-NFS and Clarkson pktd.sys

Karl Buck kxb at mpccl.ksu.edu
Thu Jan 3 11:50:19 AEST 1991

kxb at einstein.mpccl.ksu.edu (Karl Buck) writes:

>Greetings. I am trying desperately to get NCSA Telnet, PC-NFS to work
>with the Clarkson packet drivers in our lab. Everything works great until:

>	1. You exit Telnet
>	2. You attempt to shell out (Alt-e)
>	3. You exit FTP

>In each instance the client machine locks up with the Network activity light
>staying on constantly.

>After exiting telnet the following error comes up:
>"run-time error R6001
> - null pointer assignment"

First, let me thank everyone for all the patient replies. I ended up using
CUTE (Clarkson University Terminal Emulator) Ver. 2.2TN/NFS-A. It works
quite nicely since it was compiled using the PC-NFS Toolkit. It will be
available via anonymous ftp (temporarily) in the directory pub/misc on
einstein.mpccl.ksu.edu. Check out the file README for more information.
(Happy New Year)
--
 Karl Buck
 Dept. of Mathematics              email: kxb at einstein.mpccl.ksu.edu
 Kansas State University
 Manhattan, KS 66502               Phone: (913)532-6750