transferring large files from Unix to DOS on diskettes, How?

Rich Seligson rich at aggie.cyanamid.COM
Sat Jun 22 01:30:47 AEST 1991

I transferred large files by breaking them up on the unix system, and
then putting the together again on the DOS side.

On unix:
I uuencode'ed the file because it had binary data.  This also made
sure each line was 80 chars.  Then I ran the file through split(C)
which splits a file into n-line pieces.  Since each line was 80
characters, it was easy to calculate the number of lines I wanted in
each file.

On DOS:
I concatenated the files together with the COPY command, then ran it
through a public domain version of uudecode for DOS.

This worked well for me.  The uudecode for DOS was posted to the net
about two years ago, it should be widely available in your favorite
archive.

Rich
  ________
 /_______/  American Cyanamid Company  rich at aggie.cyanamid.COM - Smart mailers