Using floppy diskettes on Sun

Markus Strand mstr at vipunen.hut.fi
Fri Mar 15 06:41:20 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar14.063212.14623 at cs.uow.edu.au> jorgi at cs.uow.edu.au (George B Zamroz) writes:
>wang at math.ufl.edu writes:

>use the same physical format (80 tracks, double-sided, 1.44MB). Unfortunately
>the file-systems are totally different, so unless you have a program on the PC
>that understands the a UNIX file system, or a program on the SUN that
>understands the MS-DOS file system, you are stuck. BTW, the drive on an Apple

You could try using tar to transfer programs. The diskstation would act as
a tape and you would put in raw data wuthout any file systems and
then take out the raw data.

This work on Sony NEWS workstations and I think this should work
on almost any hardware.

There are several PC-tars available from ftp-servers.

Markus Strand
mstr at vipunen.hut.fi