Environments

Jeff Hallett x5163 hallett at enterprise.positron.gemed.ge.com
Fri Nov 9 07:29:22 AEST 1990

Hi folks.

A more serious posting here.  I would like one of my C programs to be
able to change a csh environment variable so I can do something like
(trivial example):

% setenv r2 4
% mySetVar r2 5
% echo $r2
5

Of course the real application is a little more complex, but this is
the general idea.  Can someone give me a pointer to a reference or
even a little code that shows me how to do this?

Thanks (if I receive email responses, I'll summarize).

--
	     Jeffrey A. Hallett, PET Software Engineering
      GE Medical Systems, W641, PO Box 414, Milwaukee, WI  53201
	    (414) 548-5163 : EMAIL -  hallettJ at gemed.ge.com
     "You mean there wasn't! Look! A chicken!  A black chicken!"