UNIX and POSIX

gtoal at tardis.computer-science.edinburgh.ac.uk gtoal at tardis.computer-science.edinburgh.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 06:54:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov6.050658.11292 at decuac.dec.com> you write:
>In article <812 at inews.intel.com> bhoughto at cmdnfs.intel.com writes:
>
>>[...]  but would it be Unix without pipes?  Heck, no!
>
>	POSIX != UNIX.
>
>...in fact, a purist would argue POSIX and UNIX are mutually exclusive. :)
>
>mjr.

I would like to write a posix-compatible interface to C for the Acorn
Archimedes, which is also not a unix machine.  Could someone mail me
with suggestions of how to find out exactly what the interface is please?

Are there standard sample implemntations of a posix library? Something
with stubs which a particular machine could fill out?

Thanks, Graham <gtoal at ed.ac.uk>