lpr looses lines?

Shawn Koppenhoefer shawn at litsun8.litsun.epfl.edu
Thu Nov 22 22:26:27 AEST 1990

Hi.... I've noticed a problem with the lpr command.
When I print a file to our laser writer a la 'lpr -Plw ' single lines
get chomped at the page breaks. These lines are just missing... not printed
at the bottom edge of the paper .... so I'm sure it's not a printer alignment
problem.

curiously, I found the same problem with a few man pages but this may just
be coincidental. Any ideas on what is wrong?