PUBLIC DOMAIN RELAT. DB ? (addendum)

Martin Boening mboen at nixdorf.de
Mon Nov 19 01:20:32 AEST 1990

Hi,

after reading the answers to your question: I once saw a system of management
routines (b+tree) posted on the net which implements a library for building
DB systems. So you'd have to program you own DB system but you could use
the b+tree library to do it. Supposedly (i'd have to check in our archives
to see if I could check on what I'm saying here) the b+tree routines support
variable length records and multiple keys.

If you insist on dbm, an example implementation of dbm routines based on
b+tree was also delivered.

So maybe you want to check that out.
Email: in the   USA ->  mboening.pad at nixdorf.com
       outside  USA ->  mboening.pad at nixdorf.de
Paper Mail: Martin Boening, Nixdorf Computer AG, SNI STO SI 355,
	    Pontanusstr. 55, 4790 Paderborn, W.-Germany  (Phone: +49 5251 146155)