if within a while?

JB Christy vendijb at aix.aix.kingston.ibm.com
Wed Nov 7 02:42:34 AEST 1990

In article <15471 at brahms.udel.edu> jon at brahms.udel.edu (Jon Deutsch) writes:
>I'm trying to nest an IF within a WHILE, but am
>getting some very funky errors because of it.
>Can anyone mail a simple syntax that can be followed?

while ( you are asking for help ) {
    if ( you would be more specific ) {
	we MIGHT have a chance in he|| of helping you ;
    }
    else {
	don't hold your breath ;  /*  B-) */
    }
}

>Any info appreciated.

Indeed.

Could you at least tell us what language you're trying to use?  In general,
a dialect (e.g. Microsoft C vs. gcc) is useful too, but for something this
basic it may not be necessary here.  Similarly, the platform is usually
helpful (Macintosh vs. Sun 4.0), as are examples of what you've tried and
what errors, specifically, you've received.

In general, when asking for help on the net, dump core.  That is, tell us
*everything* that might even be remotely relevant.  It might take a little
sophistication to analyze a core dump, but it takes a miracle to figure out
what happened when all we see is '?'.  [Note:  "dumping core" is an analogy.
Do *NOT* post an acutal core dump!]
--
JB					"Don't worry about her.  She's still
Resource One, Inc.			 upset because somebody dropped a