Exiting a program logs me out!

Paul Chamberlain tif at doorstop.austin.ibm.com
Tue Nov 27 02:30:45 AEST 1990

In article <4366 at lib.tmc.edu> jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu (Jay Maynard) writes:
>When I run the program, though, it runs fine until I exit. It then gives me a
>shell prompt - and then logs me off.

This is what happens when a program exits and leaves your "stty" hosed.
If you turn off icanon and have vmin/vtim set in a particular way, the
shell's read will timeout with 0 chars read -- the standard indication
of EOF.

Paul Chamberlain | I do NOT represent IBM.     tif at doorstop, sc30661 at ausvm6
512/838-7008     | ...!cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!doorstop.austin.ibm.com!tif