c -> environment vars

Brett Bergquist bergquis at nms.gdc.portal.com
Mon Apr 8 21:05:02 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr7.050610.8449 at pinet.aip.org>, reg at pinet.aip.org (Dr. Richard Glass) writes:
] I have several systems at my disposal and half of them don't have
] putenv().  Does it really put the enviornmet var back to the caller?
] Does it do an 'export' as in the Bourne shell?  I know you can add on
] vars to the envior. and pass them down.  I know I can RTFM but is late
] on Sat. and I feel like getting my two cents in.
]
] Ricky Glass

You should look at the man page for syslog.conf(5).  All you have to do
is add ",/pathtofilename" to each entry that has "/dev/console" in it.  This
will send all messages that appear on the console to the named file.  After
you edit "/etc/syslog.conf", you will have to send syslogd(8) a SIGHUP so
that it will reread this file.

Hope this help!
--
Brett M. Bergquist, Principal Engineer | "Remind me" ... "to write an
General DataComm, Inc.,                | "article on the compulsive reading