User login time

mike at bria.UUCP mike at bria.UUCP
Wed Feb 6 12:27:00 AEST 1991

In article <8836 at hub.ucsb.edu> ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu!6600bori (Boris Burtin) writes:
>I have been assigned by my company the task of writing a C program on a Sun
>Sparcstation 1+ that will keep a user log. [...]

A file (usually called /etc/wtmp or /usr/adm/wtmp) is updated by /bin/login;
and on many machines, a "lastlogin" type of file is maintained on both
the last successful and unscuccessful login for users.
--
Michael Stefanik                       | Opinions stated are not even my own.
Systems Engineer, Briareus Corporation | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike