locking() call in XENIX with c-tree

Hendrik Vermooten hendrik at zeusa.UUCP
Wed Feb 6 17:43:24 AEST 1991

Hi, all

My C application uses the c-tree isam handler from Faircom (excellent
product) XENIX 2.3.3. I am not used their c-tree server yet.

My software has been working perfectly for quite some time under XENIX,
and works on SCO UNIX 3.2.x until it attempts to lock a record.

The version of c-tree I use still thinks that XENIX can do only exclusive
locks and uses the locking() call with LK_LOCK/LK_NBLCK. It does have a
compiler directive that you can switch on that uses LK_RLCK/LK_NBRLCK
instead. SCO say they have fixed the bug on LK_RLCK/LK_NBRLCK but I
haven't tried that yet.

What I am looking for is a method that will work on both XENIX and UNIX,
but I don't have a SCO UNIX machine handy for testing.

Appreciate any help!
--
---------- Opinions expressed here are not necessarily my own ------------
Hendrik Vermooten, ZEUS software    TEL +27 12 64-5507, FAX +27 12 64-8382