Life Under Curses

uunet!bria!mike uunet!bria!mike
Mon Feb 18 17:44:05 AEST 1991

In an article, brahms.udel.edu!boutell (Thomas B Boutell) writes:
>I'm the author of a moderately well- known Curses- based game (Broken
>Throne), and I know my way around the library pretty well, but there's
>one thing I *still* can't seem to do: force a total refresh of the
>screen. Not just the parts curses "knows" it has changed, EVERYTHING.
>I've run into the need for a redraw key.

Use touchwin(win) and then wrefresh(win); if for some reason your
curses library doesn't have 'em, then you can do something like this:

redrawsrc()
{
WINDOW	*w;

	w = newwin(24,80,0,0);	/* create a temporary window */
	overwrite(stdscr,w);	/* copy stdscr to temp window */
	wclear(stdscr);		/* clear stdscr */
	wrefresh(stdscr);	/* and refresh */
	overwrite(w,stdscr);	/* copy the original stdscr back */
	wrefresh(stdscr);	/* refresh again */
	delwin(w);		/* dump the temp window */
}

Hope that this helps.
Cheers,
--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc., Los Angeles| Opinions stated are not even my own.
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike