/dev/kbd, keystroke access

Root Boy Jim rbj at uunet.UU.NET
Tue Feb 26 17:01:47 AEST 1991

In article <NIETERS.91Feb19163332 at eagle.crd.ge.com> nieters at crd.ge.com writes:
>i've played with ioctl()'s to turn on LED's, keyclick, bell, find type
>of keyboard, etc. etc. etc. but i'm getting very confused with this
>key-press thing!

I RTFM once or twice, too. It seems like this sort of thing should
be easier to grok. The only program I know of that plays with
the keyboard that you are likely to see source to is the X server.
The is also a utility program that sets the keyboard mode. I believe
there are four, ascii, and three other event encodings.
--
		[rbj at uunet 1] stty sane
		unknown mode: sane