Getting the current time

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Thu Feb 7 17:59:01 AEST 1991

  Try "man time" and/or "man gettimeofday".  If you get a "time"
command in section 1 of the manual, try doing "man 3 time" or "man 2
time" instead of just "man time."

  In other words, RTFM.  It seems just a little bit obvious to me that
if you're trying to get the current time, you would look for a man
page called "time."  Or at least type "man -k time" (if your system
supports "man -k").  Or at least ask someone else who does programming
at your site before sending a question like this to the entire world.
But perhaps I'm wrong, and none of this is obvious.

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8085			      Home: 617-782-0710