Keypressed function?

Vijay Ender Gill gill at boris.mscs.mu.edu
Thu Feb 28 10:21:22 AEST 1991

In article <27CB871A.2433 at ics.uci.edu> djpadz at bonnie.ics.uci.edu (David Jay Padzensky) writes:

[---in turbo pascal there is ---]

>	Function KeyPressed: Boolean;
>
>All it does is return true or false based on whether or not a key is
>waiting in the input buffer.  Is there a (DYNIX) C or Pascal function
[--delted---]

>Dj Padzensky

The FAQ list has this question [7 I think].  However, reading
Marc J. Rochkind's book, "Advanced Unix Programming" will help,
in particular he gives the code for a `cready' function that
tells whether is a char is waiting, and `cget' to get it.
    That is an excellent book for programming in Unix, and is
well worth the money spent.

cheers
-dicky gill (Violator)
-gill at boris.mscs.mu.edu