converting termcap to termlib

E. L. Salant salantel at wsqtb9.crd.ge.com
Sat Feb 16 06:17:35 AEST 1991

I am trying to run a cursesX application on our new DecStation 5000, and have
found that there is no termlib entry for xterm.  I therefore took the
termcap entry and did a tic -v on it.  While the tic command seemed to work ok
(it created an xterm directory in /usr/lib/terminfo/x), when I try running
my application I get
	"Sorry, I don't know how to deal with your 'xterm' terminal" coming from
initscr.
	Why isn't it finding the xterm entry in termlib??
Please respond directly to me and thanks for your help
- Eliot Salant