How to map the screen of a terminal without using the cursor library

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Tue Jan 1 15:01:04 AEST 1991

As quoted from <1990Dec31.172424.27028 at cubmol.bio.columbia.edu> by ping at cubmol.bio.columbia.edu (Shiping Zhang):
+---------------
| I want to know how to get the characters at different locations on the screen
| of a terminal other than the control terminal. I want to control the screen
| pattern of that terminal based on what is on the screen. Unfortunately the
| cursor library seems only work on the control terminal. The routine initscr()
| does not allow you to specify a terminal.  Thanks for any help.

If you can find an AT&T terminfo-based curses, there is multiple-terminal
support in it.  Rather than calling initscr(), one calls a function that
returns a SCREEN pointer; there are then functions for changing the current
SCREEN, which then makes curses operate on that instead.  Curses will maintain
separate screen images for all SCREENs defined.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN