save and regerate the current screen before and after a command

Mike Stefanik/78125 mike at bria.AIX
Fri Jan 4 13:47:41 AEST 1991

In article <SPOT.91Jan3022313 at WOOZLE.GRAPHICS.CS.CMU.EDU> spot at CS.CMU.EDU (Scott Draves) writes:

[question about saving the screen]

>That saves and restores (with screenload) the framebuffer; I think
>Shiping meant the terminal.  Curses(3v) does this for you
>automatically.

I don't think this is what was being asked; curses will allow you to preserve
your screen when *inside* an application, but I believe that the question
revolves around preserving the screen "as is" prior to the application
starting, and then restoring the screen when the application exits.  Unless
you have a bitmapped device which you could open and read, or your tty
driver uses streams, I don't think this could be done.