Need help monitoring malloc() and free()

Robert E. Stampfli res at cbnews.att.com
Mon Jan 21 05:50:09 AEST 1991

>What I was thinking is making a front end to malloc() and free(), so
>all calls to malloc() would actually call my routine and my routine
>would in turn call the malloc() that lives in libc.a.

Have you tried compiling your program with "-Dmalloc=Mymalloc -Dfree=Myfree"
on the compile line?  Obviously, you leave this off the step that compiles
your liaison code -- the actual instance of Mymalloc() and Myfree().
--
Rob Stampfli		614-860-4268 (work)	614-864-9377 (home)
kd8wk at n8jyv.oh (ham)	stampfli at att.com	osu-cis!kd8wk!res