shell script problem

David Hoopes david at talgras.UUCP
Sat Jan 26 04:27:56 AEST 1991

Help!  This is driving me crazy.  I have several directories each containing
source code.  For each of those directories there is a coresponding
directory with a s. prefix that contains the sccs files.  I wrote the
following 2 scripts to check source code in and out for all of the
directories at the save time.  Script 1 works fine but Script 2 checks in
the files in one directory and then stops.  I can not figure out what is
going on.  If I comment out the delta and put in something like ls then
it goes through all the directories listed in the file checklist.  What
is the delta command doing that causes this to fail?

I am on SCO Xenix 386 2.3.2.  These are bourne shells.

Script 1:

while read cmd
do
	echo ${cmd}

	cd ${cmd}
	get $1 $2 $3 ../s.${cmd}
	cd ..
done < checklist
--------------------------------
Scipt 2:

while read cmd
do
	echo ${cmd}
	cd ${cmd}
	delta ../s.${cmd}
	cd ..
done < checklist

Sorry if you have already seen this message once.  I posted it to one
group but I have not gotten any responses.

David Hoopes                              Tallgras Technologies Inc.
uunet!talgras!david                       11100 W 82nd St.
Voice: (913) 492-6002 x323                Lenexa, Ks  66214