Shared Memory and BSD 4.3

Andy Newman andy at research.canon.oz.au
Tue Jan 15 11:52:18 AEST 1991

I need to find out about shared memory implementations for
BSD 4.3 and was wondering if anyone had any good references.
I know about mmap(2) (is it fully implemented in all BSD 4.3 systems?)
but was wondering about systems that give the same sort of
functionality as the Sys V.4 shm*(2) system calls (i.e. shared
memory between unrelated processes [client/server] which mmap(2)
doesn't allow).

Any help would be much appreciated.
Andrew Newman, Software Engineer.            | Net:   andy at research.canon.oz.au
Canon Information Systems Research Australia | Phone: +61 2 805 2914
P.O. Box 313 North Ryde, NSW, Australia 2113 | Fax:   +61 2 805 2929