Fortran divide check crashes interactive '386

Robert Lupton the Good rhl at grendel.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jan 4 09:37:26 AEST 1991

Let me defend my reputation. I started this thread, and apparently
wasn't careful enough. My problem was not that I didn't reinstall the
signal handler (I actually called exit instead of reinstalling it, but I
would have called signal() if the handler returned). The trouble was the
sequence

	for(;;) {
		Reboot machine
		run fortran code that divide checked with my handler
		(all OK so far. The programme exited. Back at the shell)
		run fortran code that divide checked with my handler
		(now the machine crashes)
	}

So the problem is not missing handlers, and I don't think that it is
this 8-deep stack on the '387 either; unless the fortrash handlers are
worse than I think I doubt if they manage to generate an extra 7 divide
checks while trying to clean up.

				Robert