forms question

Walt Sullivan walt at bcarh133.uucp
Sat Jan 12 01:16:00 AEST 1991

In article <CSHORT.91Jan10162252 at haywire.nmsu.edu> cshort at nmsu.edu (Spmg*d, Lord of Potted Meat Product) writes:

>   i am trying to use forms with emacs and not having much luck at it
>   i'm trying to define a field seperator with the statement
>   (setq forms-field-sep "$")
>   it's ignoring that and telling me that my record has only one
>   field. any ideas or example code i can tear apart would be
>   appreciated.

First, this posting probably belongs in the "gnu.emacs.help" newsgroup.

Second, if the forms-field-sep variable expects a regular expression, your "$" doesn't
mean the character "dollar-sign", it means "end-of-line". Try using
(setq forms-field-sep "\\$").

Where did you get the forms package for Emacs (which Emacs?)?

--
Walt Sullivan
BITNET: walt at BNR.CA (work)