Japanese programming.

James Brister brister at decwrl.dec.com
Fri Jan 11 10:19:51 AEST 1991

This may not be the best newsgroup for this, if not then please let me know
which would be more appropriate.

Has anyone here done programming where the user-interface language is
Japanese? I have a program I'd like to convert to be usable by a Japanese
person. I *think* the only area that'll cause problems is that characters
take 2 or 4 bytes each (I forget which).

I guess this would fall under a more general topic of "international"
programming. Can someone recommend a book, paper etc. that can give any
pointers on how to deal with this?

Thanks.

James
--
James Brister                                           brister at decwrl.dec.com
DEC Western Software Lab., Palo Alto, CA    {uunet,sun,pyramid}!decwrl!brister