How do you read the arrow keys?

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Fri Jan 4 06:18:45 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan1.035656.27394 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) writes:
>Termio(s) doesn't really have a "raw" mode; it has a "packet" mode.  The most
>common use is with a packet size of 1 and a timeout of 1 (which is treated as
>"no timeout").

Did you mean "timeout of 0" here?  Timeout of 1 activates a .1 second
timeout on systems I've used -- although VTIME seems to have no effect when
VMIN == 1.  My playing with termio shows that VTIME only takes effect
between characters of multi-character reads.  So how does curses
halfdelay() mode work?  This lets a single-character read time out in
as little as .1 second.  Does the fact that halfdelay() seems to be
broken on many systems imply that there's something more to it than
just a termio call?
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)