Program Preprocessor?

Carl Edman cedman at golem.ps.uci.edu
Thu Mar 7 10:55:38 AEST 1991

In article <13716 at medusa.cs.purdue.edu> wangjw at cs.purdue.EDU (Jingwen Wang) writes:
     I am going to design a program preprocessor for software transplant.
   I need to substitute some of the Fortran calls for calls on the new
   machine. I don't know which is the most efficient way to do this. I
   have two options: design the preprocessor in C or in awk language. Can
   someone tell me which is the best way to do this simple substitution
   task? Or has anyone already done this similar job?

If it really only is simple substitution you are probably better off
with a sed script than with either awk or C.

        Carl Edman

"We hold that what one man cannot morally do, a million men cannot
morally do, and government, representing many millions of men, cannot
do." -- Auberon Herbert
          Send mail to Carl Edman <cedman at golem.ps.uci.edu>