-x implementations

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Tue Mar 12 20:20:13 AEST 1991

In article <S3+9E31 at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>Does "auth" have write access to these files? If so then you haven't changed
>the problem any. Just made it more obscure. Nothing that someone with adb
>and a little determination couldn't crack.

As a matter of fact, the files are accessible to those who know where they
are (assuming they are in group auth).  Note, btw, that I don't think this
is any more insecure than any other unix with multiple groups; you just
don't put people in group auth 8-).

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."