How do you make your UNIX crash ???

uunet!bria!mike uunet!bria!mike
Tue Mar 12 01:33:28 AEST 1991

In an article, tndsyd.oz.au!berny (Berny Goodheart) writes:
>I am interested in finding out known ways to make your version of UNIX
>crash.

main()
{
int fd;
long now;

	time(&now);
	if ( (fd = open("/dev/kmem",O_RDWR)) == -1 )
		return(1);
	while ( write(fd,&now,sizeof(long)) == sizeof(long) )
		;
	close(fd);
	return(0);
}

--
Michael Stefanik, MGI Inc., Los Angeles| Opinions stated are not even my own.
Title of the week: Systems Engineer    | UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike