What does index() and rindex() do ??

Stan Brown stan at Dixie.Com
Sun Mar 31 02:10:30 AEST 1991

niklas at appli.se (Niklas Hallqvist) writes:

=>tore at bibsyst.UUCP (Tore Morkemo) writes:

=>>Could anyone please tell me what rindex() and index() are supposed to do ??

=>index == strchr
=>rindex == strrchr

=>Well, I would have mailed this if it hadn't triggered a question that's
=>been floating in the back of my head for the last five years.

=>Is there something like a porting guide for C-programs under Unix?
=>This guide would present the differences between all the main variants
=>of Unix.  Specifically differences in library functions and ioctl commands
=>are interesting.  I know the knowledge is out there, has anyone written
=>it down?

	One source is _Portable_C_And_UNIX_Porgraming_  By J. E Lapin

--
Stan Brown	P. C. Design 	404-363-2303	Ataanta Ga.
(emory|gatech|uunet) rsiatl!sdba!stan           	"vi forever"