Nice'ing processes

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Wed Mar 20 23:08:32 AEST 1991

In article <314 at secola.Columbia.NCR.COM>, krupczak at secola.Columbia.NCR.COM (Bobby Krupczak) writes:
|> I have had difficulty sorting through the maze of SysV.4 programming
|> documentation regarding nicing processes.
|>
|> Does anyone know how to nice a process programmatically (that is inside
|> a C program)?

  Well, I'm looking at the nice(2) man page for our SysV system, and I don't
see anything "maze"-like or really difficult to understand.  You call
nice(incr) where incr is a positive number to make your process nicer, or a
negative number to make your process less nice.

  If this doesn't answer your question, could you be a bit more specific about
exactly what trouble you're asking?

--
Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace