Alternate character modes on magic_cookie_glitch terminals (long)

Phong Vo[drew] kpv at ulysses.att.com
Fri Mar 8 07:43:19 AEST 1991

In article <10625 at scolex.sco.COM>, staceyc at sco.COM (Stacey Campbell) writes:
:
: Now we enter deep water.  There is no mention of xmg in either the
: AT&T 3.2.0 source or AT&T 3.2.1 source.  tic definitely doesn't like it.
: Do you mean xmc?  I've compiled the following program with the stock
Yes, I did mean xmc.

: AT&T 3.2.1 curses source and with xmc#0 and xmc#1 and it does not emit the
: sequence to turn off smacs (either sgr0 or rmacs).  Is this a bug in the
: C example (probably not), terminfo file (maybe, I've never written a
: magic cookie terminfo file, though it looks okay), or in libcurses.a?
: Comments?
:
Your test code looks ok. My own libcurses.a works ok though I haven't tried
your terminfo entry - I use termcap myself. I can't testify to system V
curses even though theirs is a descendant of mine.