SEMCTL

Paul Falstad pfalstad at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Wed Mar 20 05:57:36 AEST 1991

pthonda at bgsuvax.UUCP (Killer B) wrote:
>Hi, i am having a problem with semctl.It simply says allignment error core
>dumped.Immediate help would be appreciated very much.

The problem, of course, is line 34, columns 6 of your source file
/home/pthonda/src/work/semutils.c, in the function "initsem()".  Since
you didn't properly initialize the ctl_buf2 array, the 3rd element
(which you are in this case referencing) is null.  Dereferencing it
naturally causes your SPARCServer 4/490 running SunOS 4.1.1 to coredump,
since the first 8K is not mapped.

It always helps to include lots of info when you ask a question like
this.  A code fragment would help, along with what compiler, what
version of UNIX, etc.  Perhaps then we can help you.

--
pfalstad at phoenix.princeton.edu   The Germans are disputing it! Hegel is
arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-absolutistic