cron problem

Kenn Sato krs at ptsfb.UUCP
Sat Nov 22 01:41:52 AEST 1986

	I have a few Sun 2/120's running BSD4.2.  I recently set up some
	crontab command entries using the file "/usr/lib/crontab" as
	specified in the documentation.  I've got /etc/cron running on all
	the machines.  Now for the weird part ... cron seems to execute fine
	on some of the machines, but not on the others.  Just to test this
	out I created a simple command:
		mm hh * * * echo "CRON time check `date`." > /cronolog
	Like before some machines seem to complete the command fine while
	others treated it like it wasn't there.  Am I missing something
	here???  All the machines are theoretically identical, but I've been
	wrong before. I scanned the file /sys/conf/GENERIC just to see if there
	might be something when building vmunix, but no luck. HEEEELLLPP!