Unix Question

Bill Sears bill at voodoo.UUCP
Fri Nov 14 02:30:43 AEST 1986

In article <4287 at umcp-cs.UUCP> steve at umcp-cs.UUCP (Steve D. Miller) writes:
>In article <808 at mtund.UUCP> adam at mtund.UUCP (Adam V. Reed) writes:
>>> I'll make this short and sweet:
>>>
>>>      How can one change the date/time stamp of a file?
>>>
>>>      I want to be able to put any date/time on a file that I
>>>      have in my directory...
>>> Chuck Conway
>>
>>See touch(1) in the User Reference Manual (RTFM!).
>
>   The original poster does not want to put the *current* time on
>the file...he wants to put *any* time on the file.  There are three

I don't know if it's standard or not, but at least one version of touch
that I've used allowed the user to enter a time/date on the command line
to touch onto the file.  For example:

    touch 8603241425 filename.c == 2:25 pm  march 24, 1986
--
	Bill Sears			....uw-beaver!ssc-vax!voodoo!bill

	Masochist's Battle Cry - Stop it again!!!  Quit it some more!!!