panic: ifree: freeing free inode HEELLLPPPP!

Amos Shapir amos at instable.UUCP
Thu Nov 13 01:40:55 AEST 1986

When posting such a question, PLEASE state what machine you are on, what
o.s. and release level, and preferably the mem, disk, tty etc. configuration.

I have seen such a problem (panic: freeing free inode) on VAX 780 running
4.2BSD with certain disk controllers; it had to do with a bug in 'closef'
that only happened when the close was interrupted. The solution was a fix
from Mt. Xinu, and I think it was also fixed in 4.3. However, since you
didn't give any details on your system, I cant be sure this is correct.
--
	Amos Shapir

National Semiconductor (Israel)
6 Maskit st. P.O.B. 3007, Herzlia 46104, Israel
(01-972) 52-522261  amos%nsta at nsc
34.48'E 32.10'N