What are asa, bwmovie, byteyears, clap, seal, ship?

martin at minster.UUCP martin at minster.UUCP
Sun Nov 16 02:36:18 AEST 1986

In article <3347 at watmath.UUCP> jsgray at watmath.UUCP (Jan Gray) writes:
>These are found among the other UNIX commands on the cover of the Oct. 1984
>BSTJ (or should I say AT&T BLTJ...).  Would anyone from research care to
>say what these commands do?
>
>Thanks!
>Jan Gray   jsgray at watmath   University of Waterloo   519-885-5921

Our machine has asa (isn't it standard 7th edition?), the man page says:
     asa - interpret ANSI Fortran carriage control
seal, and ship form part of Andrew Koenig's `Automatic Software Distribution'
system (see the paper of that name - I'm afraid I don't have a reference)

I'm especially interested to find out what `byteyears' is for!
	Martin