Optimizing a file system

Jon Zeeff zeeff at b-tech.UUCP
Wed Nov 26 04:43:42 AEST 1986

I'm looking for software to optimize Unix (sys V.2) file systems.  I
can gain some benefit by backing up and restoring, but in my
situation, it would be more automated if I could umount a file system
and run a program on it.  I realize that there are commercial programs
available, but would prefer something less expensive.

It appears that the Sys V dcopy might do what I want, but it's not
clear that it can copy back to the same file system.