Unix Question

Lewis R. Jansen lrj at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Sat Nov 15 00:04:30 AEST 1986

In article <810 at mtund.UUCP> adam at mtund.UUCP (Adam V. Reed) writes:
>Steve Miller Writes:
>> >See touch(1) in the User Reference Manual (RTFM!).
>>    The original poster does not want to put the *current* time on
>> the file...he wants to put *any* time on the file.
>RTFM, and I mean it:
>TOUCH(1)                  UNIX System V                  TOUCH(1)
>
>And yes, I tested it with an arbitrary date. It works.
>					Adam Reed (mtund!adam)

	  Why doesn't everyone make life a h*ll of a lot easier,
	and SAY WHAT VERSION YOU'RE RUNNING, ON WHAT KIND OF MACHINE.
	Does anyone have ANY idea how much net traffic this would
	cut out????

	  Anyway, the guy's questions seems to have been answered
	already, so let's shaddap already and get on with other
	stuff.

| Lewis R. Jansen   UUCP: {allegra,decvax,ihnp4,vax135}!cornell!lasspvax!lrj  |
|    ___.-.___    Bitnet: lrj at CornellC.BITNET		    \batcomputer!lrj  |
|  ['  `(o)'  `]    Arpa: lrj at lasspvax.tn.cornell.edu.ARPA		      |
|			  lrj at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu.ARPA		      |
|		(Let's do lunch, have your god call my god...)		      |