<garbage> is not an identifier

L. Marco lou at hoxna.UUCP
Thu Nov 27 03:16:47 AEST 1986

	When I installed the new news software, i got this
message whenever v/readnews did exec*().  Now, since the software
is known to work, that would indicate a local problem.  But lots
of other stuff uses the same or very similair code, (vi,etc.), and
*they* work.  It's definitely a bad environment pointer, but why
does it happen ?  The offending code is ~line 1662 in visual.c, in
prun() .   If you dump the buffers, all is well, execept (horrors!)
**environ points off into outer space.  So I'm left with:

A. Nothing wrong with init, cause the rest of the VAX running 5.2
works fine.
B. Nothing wrong with the software, cause it's been installed on
_other_ Vaxen running 5.2 with no trouble.
C. Nothing wrong with the installation, cause you don't touch this
stuff...

                                                     Puzzled in holmdel,
                                                            Lou Marco