Looking for COBOL (yech!) compiler

John M. Ritter jmr at motown.UUCP
Thu Nov 20 04:57:59 AEST 1986

OK: First an apology for asking such a question in the midst
of the `C' sea....

We (through no fault of our own!) are looking for a COBOL compiler
to run under System V on a VAX.

It must be a *real* compiler - not a toy one like Ryan-McFarland
products - and be of a fairly high level of implementation. Absolute
"must haves" include
		ACCEPT
		ASCENDING/DESCENDING KEY
		CALL
		COPY
		CD, FD, SD
		DISPLAY
		SEARCH
		SORT/MERGE
		STRING/UNSTRING
along with all the other `normal' stuff.

If you know of any product, please respond by mail. All leads will
be investigated and if there is sufficient (any?) interest, I'll
post results.
"I enjoy working with human beings, and                         John M. Ritter
have stimulating relationships with them."                  Allied-Signal Inc.
                            - HAL 9000                Corporate Tax Department
                           {bellcore,harpo,ihnp4,infopro,princeton}!motown!jmr