Query about Ultrix sendmail

Patrick Barron pdb at sei.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 9 16:36:10 AEST 1987

Here's one for all you sendmail hackers out there:  I'm trying to use
Ultrix as a gateway to the Internet from some of our VMS machines.  The
idea being that a VMS user sends mail to GATEWAY::"user at host", where
GATEWAY is an Ultrix machine.  On the other side, I have a rewrite
rule in ruleset 2 of my sendmail.cf to strip off the gateway:: node name,
but that still leaves "host at user" (literally, with the double quotes).
Sendmail seems to regard this as a single token, so it looks like a local
address.  So, another rewrite rule rewrites this as "user at host"@gateway,
which is completely wrong.  Does anyone have a way of stripping off those
quotes?

--Pat.