Access to user process info.

Joseph S. D. Yao jsdy at hadron.UUCP
Sun Jan 4 10:38:52 AEST 1987

I can't give you off the top of my head any tricks to make sure
that all the data you get is consistent.  However,

First you read the elements of the proc table.  There are NPROC
of them: this is found in int nproc in /vmunix or /dev/kmem.  The
proc structures tell where in memory or page space one can find
the user memory, including the _u structure; and the _u structure
tells which tty the process is attached to.  You get the addresses
out of /vmunix using nlist(), and then read them from /dev/kmem.
Or from /dev/proc, if you are lucky enough to have it ...
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy at seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}
			jsdy at hadron.COM (not yet domainised)