cbreak mode

Sho Kuwamoto sho at tybalt.caltech.edu
Tue Jan 13 19:48:22 AEST 1987

	I tried using cbreak mode for the first time today,
and just like all other things, I failed miserably on my
first attempt.  Since I was already using curses in my program,
I first used the curses functions cbreak() and nocbreak().
After debugging, I found that the program

#include <stdio.h>
#include <curses.h>

main()
{
   cbreak();
   nocbreak();
}

would leave the machine in cbreak mode.  Furthermore, I
wrote my own routines to set and unset cbreak mode using
ioctl() and had the same result.  Am I just being a twit,
or and I lodged firmly in the Twilight Zone(TM)?  By the
way, our system runs 4.3bsd.

				Thanx

				-Sho