Comments in /usr/lib/crontab

David Chinn chinn at apcisea.UUCP
Wed Jan 7 11:16:47 AEST 1987

In article <306 at baskin.UUCP>, wmk at baskin.UUCP (Bill Kules) writes:
> We are running UTX/32 (a 4.2bsd port) on a Gould computer.  Since our
> crontab file is getting fairly large, I'd like to put comments in it.
> Comments are not mentioned in our documentation (cron(8)), so I'm
> asking the net... Is this possible, and if so what is the format?

# seems to work as a comment indicator when placed at the first
character position of the line.  This works with two unixes i've
worked with; Ultrix 32 from DEC and Domain/IX from Apollo.

...uw-beaver                                    david m. chinnn
    !tikal!pilchuck                             apollo computer inc
        !apcisea!chinn                          bellevue, washington